After a few years of deliberating, TH and I finally decided to add some guineas to our farm. They are supposed to be wonderful for pest control and predator alerts. I'm hoping they will eliminate our need for pesticides in the garden. We are still making the final decisions about where they will be trained to house. We know they may choose to roost in the trees but we hope to have them know where safe shelter will be for bad weather.
The lady we bought them from was a very knowledgeable woman. She took extra time to answer any questions we had. She also gave us four Barnevelder eggs for us to try and hatch. If they do hatch, it will add some new blood to our Barnevelders and might allow us to bring up a young rooster to serve along Roy our older rooster.
I didn't get to very many yard sales this week. I did find a painting at a junk shop that I love.
We have a couple of other projects in the works I hope to blog about next week. We are working on a homemade incubator and I just bought a small tiller to use in the garden.