Thursday, May 24, 2012

Just when I thought I was done planting...

With the planting of some pumpkin and sunflower seeds Sunday, I thought I was finished planting for the spring.  However, I was unable to resist the temptation to buy some broccoli and cauliflower to put out.  So, I made the trek up to my favorite local greenhouse to see what they might still have available.  I ended up buying broccoli, cauliflower, red cabbage, green cabbage, two giant marconi peppers, and one eggplant plant.

The large plant in back is the eggplant.  It was the last one they had and when I asked how much they wanted for it, they let me have it for free.  I had planted some eggplant seeds but I hope this plant will give us a few early ones.  I am getting a late start on my cabbage and broccoli but I have a shady spot reserved for them.  Hopefully, it will not get too hot for them.

I did get to visit a few yard sales this weekend.  The best buy was a Star Wars cake pan that I bought for $.75.  I checked it out online and ended up selling it for $25.  Turns out it was a vintage Wilton pan from 1983.  The $25 will give me a little extra money for when I go out "junkin'".  I also bought a small loaf pan that I gave to my mom to use and a new wire whisk for myself.  The Princesses taught me that when you fold out all the layers of a whisk, it makes a pretty design though you can never get it put back quite right.

No comments:

Post a Comment