Saturday, May 19, 2012

Kitchen has been busy today!

Today has been one of the busiest in the kitchen for a while.  A very dear friend sent some gator, conch, yuca, and other treats for us to try.  I have never had any of the delicacies she sent but was eager to try my hand at it.  TH and MHM were eager to try tasting it all!
I cut the gator up and laid the Tony C's to it, let it sit in the fridge for a few hours, and then I added seasoning to the flour I coated the gator in before putting it in the deep fryer.  It was very good and not at all what I had expected.


The yuca was very good as well.  I cut it up, boiled it until tender, drained it, and added olive oil, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper to it immediately after draining.  It was very tasty!

I also had two bowls of strawberries to deal with today.  I decided to make jam and ended up with 2 pints and 5 1/2 pints of yummy strawberry jam.  I'll still be picking berries for a few weeks so I hope to dehydrate some and can a few more.

It was a very day in our kitchen but lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment